1/17/10

The Perfect Murder (1998)

This is a remake of the 1954 Alfred Hitchcock classic, Dial M For Murder. This updated version is totally engaging. I had seen if before, but enjoyed it second time around. Michael Douglas, Gwyneth Paltrow and Viggo Mortensen play at controlling husband, beautiful wife, sexy artist lover...adultry and murder New York City style.

I first took notice of Viggo as the hippie blouseman character in A Walk On The Moon (I have seen it twice). Once again, he plays the laidback bohemian...this time, as a passionate painter with a dark past. I understand he actually painted much of the art featured in the studio scenes. This suspense moves along quickly and it seems pretty transparent, until the twist at the end. I enjoy watching MD and GP almost as much as Ray Miland and Grace Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment